Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to apply in United Medical & Dental College for MBBS Program?
- For MBBS admission session 2020-2021 candidates have to apply through Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC).
- For further admission details please visit pmc.gov.pk or umdc.edu.pk
2. Which university is UMDC affiliated to?
United Medical & Dental College was affiliated with the University of Karachi since 2012. However as per PMDC notification our current batches are affiliated with Jinnah Sindh Medical University since 2015.
3. What hostel facilities does UMDC offer?
Limited accommodation (subject to the availability) of rooms is available on the premises for both male and female medical students from out of Karachi. Individual Room Non- Sharing, Including Gymnasium ,Electricity, Porter, Security, Common room with cable TV, Cooking Kitchen. Hostels are on campus.
4. What societies does UMDC have?
UMDC have nine societies for extracurricular activities.
- Music and Drama Society
- Literary & Debating Society
- Social Society
- Magazine Society (Urdu & English)
- Year Book Society
- Research Committee
- Sports Society
- Philanthropic / Helping Hand Society
- Art & Culture Society
5. Does UMDC offer scholarships?
- We are offering Merit scholarship for securing 1st three positions in professional exam.
- Need based scholarship for 5 students per year per batch from 2nd Year onwards.
6. Does UMDC offer Academic Awards?
UMDC offers following awards,
- Faiz Muhammad Khan Gold Medal.
- Najma Bano Faiz Excellence Award.
- Sheikh Zakaullah Merit Award.
- Farrukh Nisa High Achievement Award
7. Is UMDC registered with foreign bodies?
The Medical College is registered with Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research, USA (FAIMER), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA (ECFMG), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), Avicenna (WHO) Directory, General Medical Council,UK (GMC), and Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS), Australian Medical Council (AMC), Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
8. Does UMDC offer kinship discount?
Yes, Kinship discount in tuition fee is available for siblings of existing students as per policy.
9. What is the research scope at UMDC?
UMDC students are taught research & facilitated in conduct of research they develop protocols which are reviewed by faculty. All the protocols are then assessed by research committees, which comprises of Chairperson and 6 members. The research committee has developed its own guidelines for submission of research projects meeting the international Helsinki Guidelines. Once the research protocol along with the budget & time line is approved then it is referred to ethical review for final approval. Research committee has substantial funds and encourages students & faculty to participate in national or international conferences and submit articles to international & national journals and provides financial support. Additionally the college also has a research society which holds lectures and research expo. To date our Medical students have published multiple papers in local and international journals as well as read papers both locally as well as internationally.
10. Does the college have facility to teach skills?
United Medical & Dental College is proud to state that we have a fully equipped state of the art Research & Skills Development Center (RSDC) which has latest training equipment as per international standards and has a trained certified dedicated team. The department has state of the art “ISO” certified instrumental rooms, interactive models and simulators.
11. Is it only MBBS that UMDC offers?
MBBS and United College of Physiotherapy offering Doctor in Physiotherapy and United College of Nursing & Midwifery offering BSN, Post RN BSN, Certified Midwifery Nurse, Certified Nursing Assistant
12. When do students start ward rotation?
From 3rd Year MBBS onwards.
13. What are the college timings?
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
14. Does college have its own transportation?
Transport is available through contractor.